The mattresses and soft furnishings are now out of the front cabin. The life jackets removed and the top and under-floors lifted exposing the bilge. The under-floors are heavy with grease, washed forward from the bilge of the engine compartment.
I have made the decision that as far as the interior is concerned, it is the dark mahogany stain / varnish that makes everything seem so small. Just stripping the beading off, filling, sanding and finishing with a light coloured eggshell paint will immediately lift and modernise the inside. Cupboards and drawers will get new handles and the upholstery needs covering.
Will spend this evening in town - I am out of ciggies, out of lemonade - and its not even 11am! Had a good search around for an Internet connection - the boat yard is out in the middle of nowhere. I am sure anything here will be at least as crap as the connections on the island at the moment. Actually I cannot connect to anything. I can see a dozen or so networks across the water in the town (by using a Pringles can as a waveguide antenna!) - but although I can see them, I cannot transmit that far - so can't connect. I will look out for an old satellite dish - maybe I can use that to boost the signal.
Monday, October 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment