Monday, October 19, 2009

Day Six - Saturday 17th October.

I didn't have a curry last night - after all the effort during the day I really could not be bothered to cook anything at all. Breakfast was bacon sandwiches though - so that made up for it. I have already been into town and back. I got distilled water for the batteries and a smaller extension cable so I can have power in more than one area of the boat. I fitted the hasp/staple/padlock that I bought last night, so I can leave some tools here without concern now.


I have just completed one of the most difficult jobs so far - topping the water up in the batteries. The batteries are on the outside of the port engine. The easiest way might have been to climb into the engine bay rather than laying on the engines and being at full reach (both uncomfortable and tiring). However, as much as I tried, I am just too big to get in there! Maybe when I was eight it would have been ok (see: I need an eight year old boy). Two batteries have taken nearly 4 litres of distilled water! They are now back on charge. I still have the most awkward one to do - but I will need to get more water. I am hoping that I can turn over at least one of the engines with this pair fully charged.

The phone just rang (its not important to know that, but it triggered the next three events). Kostas is coming tomorrow at 11:00 to pick me up and take me diving. It will make a nice break after a week of hard slog. I took the call on the back deck, and while on the phone saw a flash of real bright electric blue over the water about 10 metres from me. A small and very beautiful kingfisher landed on a rock to watch the fish!




I don't remember ever having seen a kingfisher before. Anway, while still on the phone and watching the kingfisher a boat plane circled the harbour and came into land. I hadn't seen one of those before either.





No comments:

Post a Comment