Monday, October 19, 2009

Day Six - pm.

I have found another battery in the engine compartment. It was hidden on the port side under the captain's chair. It is linked to its partner on the starboard side and although it shows 12.45v I have put it on charge just in case.


I still cannot get the engines to turn over. It has to be an electrical problem. Ignition goes on ok, siren sounds (this is normal), oil levels are fine, there is diesel in the fuel tank and water in the water tank but when I turn the keys to the start position I don't even get a solenoid click! The two engines are independent - so maybe it is operator error. I will consult with the chief engineer when I get back.

I have finally cooked my curry. Its not the best one I have ever made - but maybe after it has stood for a while and I have re-heated it for dinner it will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment