It’s raining. This time I was up every half an hour through the night, pushing the tarpaulin from the underside to pour off the water that was collecting and causing it to sag. I am not sure what is worse – the rain or the wind. At least inside is still warm and dry, so far.
We collectively decide that weather will stop play today – so we all head off into town to sort out some shopping that Craig and Di need. Craig will be leaving some of his tools here, so they have spare luggage space that they want to fill.
Actually, they have hired space on a cargo vessel for all the other stuff they have bought and cannot carry. It must be about ½ of a metric ton! I know this all sounds like Craig and Di are shopaholics. They aren’t [note: when I say ‘they’ I really mean Craig – I am sure given half a chance Di would shop with the best of them. No offence – love ya really Di *grin*]. Most of the purchases are materials for jobs for other people on the island. The tiles they pick for their bathroom are quite nice though.
Shopping makes the day go quick – it doesn’t stop raining. A tool shop is ordering in a belt sander for me. It will arrive on Tuesday.
Thursday, January 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment