Thursday, January 28, 2010

Friday, the 15th of January, 2010

It has started to rain. There’s a surprise. I give up on any idea of starting work on the hull today and decide instead to start work on the guest quarters in preparation for the forthcoming work team. The guest quarters are the front cabin - so job number one is to clear out all of the crap and get the woodwork cleaned and sanded down.


The job is a filthy one – the last owners dog was an Irish Wolfhound and the animal has left a thick mat of hairs in all the cracks and crevices – which over time have stuck together with oil and grease from the engines and/or galley, then collected dust and turned into a gelatinous felt that leaves slime wherever it goes. Cleaning no longer takes rags – it takes scrapers, a wire brush and sandpaper!

Because the ceiling height is somewhat less than my height, I spend the day hunched over, having to take a break every 10 minutes just so that I can come out and straighten up.

No comments:

Post a Comment