Saturday, January 30, 2010

Saturday, the 30th January, 2010

At last – a sunny day! I can get outside and carry on with stripping the old paintwork. By 3:30 I have completed the area that I started a couple of weeks ago, and all the ‘above the waterline’ paint has been removed from the back 5m of the starboard side. I try not to think about what this represents as an area of the hull overall... but those who know me will realise that I cannot stop my mind from wandering while I am working on these relatively mundane tasks. It is 1/3 of the dry starboard side; so 1/6 of the dry paint in total. The area below the waterline is about 1½ times the size of the area above – so I reckon I have probably completed about 1/15th of the overall hull. Jeez Louize!


If anyone fancies coming to help – drop me a mail – will take all comers! You get the guest quarters and I will feed and water you. Tools and music provided.

No comments:

Post a Comment